Jan 17, 2012

Is It Just Me Or Is It Getting Crowded In Here?

Evidently, back in 2009, when I set up this blog, I didn't adequately vet the title "Is It Just Me." And by 'adequately' I mean 'at all.'  I liked the title, it seemed to fit my inclination to rant, and well, did I mention I just liked it?  I did notice, soon afterward, that someone named Whoopi Goldberg had a book by the title of "Is It Just Me? Or Is It Nuts Out There?" but I figured the world was big enough for Whoopi and me.

Well, today, navel-gazer that I am, I decided to Google "Is It Just Me" and found there are a shit load of people who also like that title or use that phrase in posts.  Some came before me and some have come after. I waded through page after page of Google entries and finally gave up looking for my "Is It Just Me" on page 37.

There's a movie ( a gay romance), "Is It Just Me," that came out in 2010 and gets a 59% approval rating from Rotten Tomatoes audiences. There are several other blogs; an icanhascheezburger photo caption (Is It Just Me or do the Garden Faeries Seem More Aggressive This Year?); the two volume book set, Is It Just Me or Is Everything Shit Out There?; the hard rock band, The Darkness' single; and an Australia radio show.  And there are many, many, many people posing their version of the question in every internet crevice and corner.

Is it just me...

or does Hitler's mom look a lot like Michael Cera? (Whoa, that's a weird one right out of the gate.)

or do these pork barrels reek of bitumen? (Are these real pork barrels or political pork barrels?)

or was last week really bad?  (I like this one, general, all purpose. Yes, last week was really bad.)

or are most commercials for property insurance really dumb, pointless and worst of all ineffective? (Yes, goes for most commercials.)

or is roulette really easy to make money on? (Oh, this can't end well.)

or do American Spanish Teacher teach better than Hispanic Spanish Teachers?  (Today's lesson: plurals.)

or are the trolls angrier the past few weeks than they have been? (See icanhascheezburger for fairy support in dealing with trolls.)

or is zombies as a body shield ridiculous?  (Good to know now before the need arises.)

So, is it just me?


2 comments: